Main Accused in Murder of BJP Worker in Amethi Arrested after Police Encounter
With the arrest of Wasim, all the five accused in the killing of a close aide of Smriti Irani have been arrested, Assistant Superintendent of Police said.
Smriti Irani as the pallbearers at the aide's funeral.
Amethi: The main accused in the killing of a close aide of Amethi MP Smriti Irani was arrested on Friday following an encounter with police here, officials said.
Wasim was held in Shahapur area under the Jamo police station area on Thursday night, Assistant Superintendent of Police Daya Ram said. With this, all the five accused in the case have been arrested, he said.
Wasim has suffered gunshot injuries and has been admitted to a community health centre, the ASP said, adding the Jamo police station in-charge also suffered minor injuries in the gunfight. A case was registered against five people for killing Surendra Singh.
Ramchandra, Dharmanath, Naseem and Golu were arrested earlier. Ramchandra is a member of the kshetra panchayat and also a local Congress leader, the police said.
Singh, 50, a former head of Baraulia village, around 25 km from the Amethi district headquarters, was shot at around 11.30 pm on May 25. He was referred to a Lucknow hospital, but succumbed to injuries during treatment.
Recommended For You
- Hrithik Roshan's Cousin Eshaan Says Sunaina is 'Vulnerable,' Asks People to 'Not Act as Vultures'
- US Man Suspected of Feeding Meth to Keep Illegally Kept ‘Attack Squirrel’ Aggressive
- Kota Girl Does The Impossible, Cracks All Major Competitive Exams in India
- CBFC Gives 'A' Rating to Shahid Kapoor's Kabir Singh, Asks to Modify Drug Snorting Scene
- Ranveer Singh Gets Litigation Warning from WWE Wrestler Brock Lesnar's Advocate Paul Heyman
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s