Take the pledge to vote

For a better tommorow#AajSawaroApnaKal
  • I agree to receive emails from News18

  • I promise to vote in this year's elections no matter what the odds are.
  • Please check above checkbox.

    SUBMIT

Thank you for
taking the pledge

Vote responsibly as each vote counts
and makes a diffrence

Disclaimer:

Issued in public interest by HDFC Life. HDFC Life Insurance Company Limited (Formerly HDFC Standard Life Insurance Company Limited) (“HDFC Life”). CIN: L65110MH2000PLC128245, IRDAI Reg. No. 101 . The name/letters "HDFC" in the name/logo of the company belongs to Housing Development Finance Corporation Limited ("HDFC Limited") and is used by HDFC Life under an agreement entered into with HDFC Limited. ARN EU/04/19/13618
LIVE TV DownloadNews18 App
»
1-min read

Major fire breaks out in Ajmeri Gate, at least 3 persons rescued

Three persons including women who were suspected to have collapsed after inhaling fumes, were rescued from the building. They were rushed to a private hospital, officials said. (File picture)

Press Trust Of India

Updated:March 4, 2016, 10:54 PM IST
facebookTwitterskypewhatsapp
Major fire breaks out in Ajmeri Gate, at least 3 persons rescued
Three persons including women who were suspected to have collapsed after inhaling fumes, were rescued from the building. They were rushed to a private hospital, officials said. (File picture)
Loading...

New Delhi: A major fire broke out at a godown in centre Delhi's Ajmeri Gate area on Friday evening, from which at least three persons were rescued, police said.

According to Delhi Fire Department officials, the incident was reported around 8.45 pm and initially six fire tenders were rushed to the spot. However, as the fire officials failed to control the flames for almost one hour, seven more fire tenders were sent.

Three persons including women who were suspected to have collapsed after inhaling fumes, were rescued from the building. They were rushed to a private hospital, officials said.

"From preliminary investigation, it appears that the fire originated from a short circuit. The matter is being probed and a case of negligence is likely to be registered," the police said. Till 10.15 pm, the fire was yet to be fully doused.

Read full article
Loading...
Next Story
Next Story

Also Watch

facebookTwitterskypewhatsapp

Live TV

Loading...
Countdown To Elections Results
To Assembly Elections 2018 Results