Major Fire Engulfs 30 Shanties in Pune Slum, None Injured
The blaze broke out around 2 am on Thursday and took more than an hour to douse the flames after several cylinders exploded, an official said
Image for Representation. REUTERS/Adnan Abidi
Around 30 shanties were gutted in a major fire that broke out in a slum area of Pune early on
Thursday, a fire brigade official said.
However, there was no report of any casualty in the incident that took place in Wadarwadi area, the official said.
"The blaze broke out around 2 am on Thursday. After being alerted about it, water tankers were sent to the spot. It took more than an hour to douse the flames," the official said.
"A couple of cylinders exploded during the fire," the official said, adding that the cause of the blaze is being ascertained.
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- Ahan Shetty Plans the Cutest Surprise for Girlfriend Tania Shroff on Her Birthday
- 'A War-Zone': Mumbai Nurse Recalls First Day at Hospital Treating Coronavirus Patients
- SAI Hands Over JLN Stadium to Delhi Government for Use as Quarantine Facility Amid Coronavirus
- Tamil Folk Singer and Actress Paravai Muniyamma Passes Away
- Keep Your Child Engaged during Lockdown by Availing Google’s 3D Animal Feature, Here's How