Stadium's Tin Roof Caves in Along With Hundreds of Spectators in Rajasthan, Five Critical
Sri Ganganagar MP Nihal Chand Chauhan said a compensation would soon be announced for the injured.
New Delhi: Several people were injured when a tin shed collapsed after spectators at a tractor competition climbed on it in Sriganganagar district on Sunday, police said.
The incident occurred when hundreds of people had gathered to watch the tractor show in the Padampur Dhaan mandi area, SHO Rameshwar Lal said.
Sriganganagar district collector Gyana Ram said 15 people were injured in the incident. "Ten of them are admitted to the local hospital in Padampur and five are undergoing treatment at Sriganganagar district hospital and are stated to be in a critical condition," he said.
Sriganganagar MP Nihal Chand Chauhan said a compensation would soon be announced for the injured. He added that no one was trapped and rescue work was on. The collector is on the spot and a team of doctors has also been sent, he said, adding that according to his information, 17 people were injured.
Further details are awaited.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Internet Sensation Ranu Mondal Speaks Out on Lata Mangeshkar's 'Imitation' Comment
- Everyone's Called it 'Rumour', but the Internet Still Wants to Know 'Is MS Dhoni Retiring?'
- 2020 Women's U-17 FIFA World Cup to be Held in India from November 2-21
- Apple TV Plus Shows, Prices Compared with Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hotstar, Zee5
- Mi TV Netflix Support to Finally Roll Out on September 17, Suggests Teaser