Male Foetus Found Abandoned near Beas River in Himachal Pradesh's Manali
The foetus was wrapped in a cloth lying along the banks of Beas river near Atal Bihari Vajpayee Institute of Mountaineering in Manali.
A view of swollen Beas river following heavy monsoon rain, in Mandi district. (Image: PTI)
Shimla: An abandoned male foetus was found in Manali in Himachal Pradesh's Kullu district on Monday, police said.
The foetus was wrapped in a cloth lying along the banks of Beas river near Atal Bihari Vajpayee Institute of Mountaineering in Manali, Kullu Superintendent of Police Gaurav Singh said.
A police team led by the sub-divisional police officer and station house officer in Manali visited the spot and sent the foetus to the Manali civil hospital. The medical officer at the civil hospital referred the body for a post mortem to the government medical college at Nerchowk in Mandi.
A case has been registered under Section 318 (concealment of birth by secret disposal of dead body) of the Indian Penal Code.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Man Orders iPhone 11 Pro Worth Rs 93,000 from Flipkart, Receives Fake Phone Instead
- U2 Mumbai Concert: Ranveer-Deepika Wear Fanny Packs, Sachin Tendulkar Attends
- Priyanka Chopra Wraps up The White Tiger, Reminds RajKummar Rao to Keep Sending Memes
- Dell Latitude 7400 2-in-1 Review: A Business Laptop With a Pleasing Personality
- Premier League: Chinese TV Pulls Arsenal Match after Mesut Ozil's Uighur Comments