Malegaon-Surat Bus Stopped, Passengers's Luggage Checked for Two Hours After Hoax Bomb Call
Police are trying to track down the person who made the hoax call.
Image for representation. (Reuters)
Malegaon: A private sleeper coach bus, proceeding to Surat from Malegaon in Maharashtra, was stopped by police and searched on Friday night after an unidentified person claimed that there was a bomb in the bus.
However, no explosive device was found and the anonymous call received at a transport agency's office in Malegaon proved to be a hoax, said Ratnakar Navale, Deputy Superintendent of Police.
The search of the bus and the passengers' luggage took almost two hours. The bus later left for Surat. Police are trying to track down the person who made the hoax call.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Rashami Desai to Marry Boyfriend Arhaan Khan Inside Bigg Boss 13 House: Report
- After Amitabh Bachchan, Akshay Kumar Accused of Supporting Aarey Forest Destruction
- Arjun Kapoor Trolls Alia Bhatt Over African Safari 'vlog'
- If Your iPhone Has a True Depth Camera, You Can Now Take 3D Selfies on Snapchat
- Cristiano Ronaldo Says Sex with Girlfriend is Better Than his Best Ever Goal