Mamata Banerjee is Like Kim Jong-un, Kills Those Who Oppose Her: Union Minister Giriraj Singh
Giriraj Singh's comments come in the wake of recent row over BJP’s proposed yatra in West Bengal which the Mamata Banerjee-led government has opposed.
File photo of West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee. (PTI photo)
Kolkata: BJP leader Giriraj Singh on Monday launched a scathing attack on West Bengal chief minister Mamata Banerjee, equating her to North Korean leader Kim Jong-un.
“West Bengal is the only state in the country where there is no place for democracy. Mamata Banerjee is playing the role of North Korean leader Kim Jong-un in Bengal. Like Kim, she kills everyone who raises voice against her,” Singh was quoted as saying by news agency ANI.
The Union Minister's comments come in the wake of recent controversy over BJP’s proposed yatra in the state which the Trinamool government has opposed, saying it could trigger communal clashes in the state.
Last month, the West Bengal CM had termed BJP’s ‘Rath Yatra’ as ‘Ravana Yatra’ and announced a ‘Pavitra Yatra’ to purify Bengal as an aftermath of it.
“This is ‘Ravana Yatra’ not ‘Rath Yatra’. They are doing divisive politics. They are the name changer, policy changer, note changer and danger to India. ‘BJP bhagao…Desh bachao’,” she had said.
Recommended For You
- ICC World Cup 2019: Pakistan Team Adhered to Curfew Before India Clash: PCB
- Pakistan Fans Trashing Their Own Team After India’s World Cup Victory is Pure Gold
- Elon Musk Tweets That He 'Deleted Twitter Account', is Now 'Daddy DotCom'
- Maruti Suzuki Launches BS-VI-Compliant WagonR at Rs 5.10 Lakh
- Sudan-Bound Turkish Airlines Flight Returned to Istanbul After a Passenger Creates Ruckus Midair
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s