Man Arrested after He Attacked Woman with Machete in Thiruvananthapuram
The woman, a nursing assistant with a city hospital, underwent surgery and was admitted to the intensive care unit.
Thiruvananthapuram: A 39-year-old woman was injured after she was attacked in broad daylight in the Kerala capital on Friday. She suffered injuries to her head, neck and ear.
According to the police, she had turned down the accused’s marriage proposal.
The woman, a nursing assistant with a city hospital, was attacked at around 7 am on the Old Medical College Road. The women, along with her colleagues, was walking to the hospital when the accused attacked her with a machete from behind.
The woman underwent surgery and was admitted to the intensive care unit. The police said her condition is currently stable.
The accused was identified as Nithin, a native of Kollam. The duo knew each other earlier as Nithin earlier used to drive an ambulance.
Subhash Kumar, police inspector at the Medical College Police Station said their patrolling vehicle was in the area when they saw the woman being attacked with a machete. “The SI caught hold of the weapon and took the accused into custody,” he said.
Nithin was arrested on charges of attempt to murder and wrongful restraint and outraging modesty of women.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Arunachal Pradesh CM Rides Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 to Promote State Tourism
- Puma Has an Interactive Store Where You Can Also Get Your New Shoes Customized
- Reliance Jio, Airtel And Vodafone Idea Are Trolling Each Other on Social Media
- Google Pixel 4, Pixel 4 XL to Launch Today: Here’s How to Watch the Live Stream
- WhatsApp Has Some New Features For iPhone Users And You Can Use Them Now