Man arrested for raping his mother in Ahmedabad
A man was arrested on Sunday for allegedly raping his 60-year-old mother in the Vatva area of the city, police said in Ahmedabad.
Ahmedabad: A man was arrested on Sunday for allegedly raping his 60-year-old mother in the Vatva area of the city, police said in Ahmedabad.
"The police arrested a 29-year-old man today, for raping his 60-year-old mother last night at their residence," Vatva police inspector PB Rana who is investigating the case, said.
The accused, allegedly forced himself on his mother on Saturday and raped her in the dark, the police official said, adding that the family hails from Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh.
On Saturday night, the accused also beat up and threatened his mother with dire consequences if she told anybody about the incident, he said.
"However, the accused's mother approached Vatva police station today and complained after which the accused son was booked," the police official said.
The police has charged the accused under Section 376 (rape), Section 323 (punishment for voluntarily causing hurt) and Section 506 (criminal intimidation) of the Indian Penal Code, the police official said.
The police also sent the accused's mother for medical examination and treatment to a government hospital, the police official said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- 'Gonna Tell My Kids' is the Newest Meme in Town and Desi Twitter Has Given a Hilarious Twist to it
- Bigg Boss 13: Amid Sidharth Shukla, Asim Riaz's Fight, Twitterati Feel Sorry for Rashami Desai
- NASA's Curiosity Rover Finds 'Mysterious Spike' in Oxygen Levels on Mars, Scientists Puzzled
- Anu Malik Steps Down as Indian Idol Judge After Growing Outcry Against Him Over #MeToo Allegations
- WhatsApp Updates: Wait For Dark Mode Continues, And Here is Everything Else on The Agenda