Man Arrested With Two Live Bullets at Delh Airport
The traveller was not allowed to board the flight and was handed over to the Delhi Police as he could not produce any document for the ammunition.
File photo of New Delhi's Indira Gandhi International Airport.
New Delhi: A Mumbai-bound passenger has been apprehended at the Delhi airport for allegedly carrying two live bullets in his baggage, an official said Sunday.
An officer of the Central Industrial Security Force, deputed at terminal-1D of the Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGIA) to scan baggages, detected bullet-like objects while checking the bag of passenger Mohd H Qureshi on Saturday, he said.
"Two live bullet rounds of 7.65 mm calibre were recovered from the passenger who was supposed to take a flight to Mumbai," the official said.
The traveller was not allowed to board the flight and was handed over to the Delhi Police as he could not produce any document for the ammunition, he added.
Carrying arms and ammunition inside an airport terminal area or an aircraft is banned under the Indian aviation laws.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Nushrat Bharucha Wants to See Ranbir Kapoor in a Towel in Bigg Boss
- Prince Narula, Yuvika Chaudhary to Quit Nach Baliye 9?
- Sehwag Wins Praises for Training Kids of 'Pulwama Shaheeds' at His School
- Samsung Diwali Sale: Offers on Galaxy S9, Galaxy Note 9, Galaxy M10s and More
- Truecaller Makes a Big Privacy Pitch as Focus on Instant Messaging Intensifies