UP Police Asks Man to Serve Chicken Instead of Buffalo Meat at Daughter's Engagement Ceremony
Days after the Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Aditya Nath Yogi banned illegal slaughterhouses in the state, a Muslim family was denied permission to serve beef at his daughter's wedding in Moradabad district.
Moradabad: Days after the Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath banned illegal slaughterhouses in the state, a Muslim man was denied permission to serve buffalo meat at his daughter's engagement ceremony in Moradabad district.
Sarfaraz Hussain told CNN-News18 that he had written to the local police seeking permission to slaughter a buffalo at his house, in order to serve meat to the guests at the ceremony, but it was denied. Instead, the police advised him to serve chicken instead of buffalo meat in the function.
In the letter it has been mentioned, that the ceremony was scheduled to be held on March 26 at BK marriage hall in Peerzada locality. In fact, the slaughterhouses are not operational in the district from March 23 following the government’s crackdown on the same, it added.
Letter seeking permission to slaughter buffalo.
Following the ban on illegal slaughterhouses, there has been great confusion in the state and meat sellers are facing a hard time. Meat sellers across the state have now gone on strike against what they are calling harassment following the government’s crackdown.
Recommended For You
- Jawa Motorcycle Returns To India: Shah Rukh Khan Goes Nostalgic, Says 'Grew Up On This'
- Stan Lee's Last Message For His Fans Will Leave You Teary-eyed
- Shah Rukh Khan and Jack Dorsey's Twitter Banter Has Inspired the Funniest Memes on the Internet
- This is What Farah Khan has Gifted Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh for Their Wedding
- Novak Djokovic Eyes Semis After Dismissing Alexander Zverev at ATP Finals