Man Attempts to 'Rape' Goat in West Bengal, Beaten up: Police
The man has been admitted to Kalna sub-divisional hospital, where he is being treated under security cover, the officer said.
Image for representation | Credit: PTI
Burdwan: An inebriated man allegedly attempted to rape a goat in West Bengal's East Burdwan district, following which a mob thrashed the person injuring him critically, police said on Wednesday.
The incident occurred in Tikepara village in Kalna area on Tuesday evening, a police officer said. "The owner of the goat had tied the animal to a post in the courtyard of his house and had ventured out for some work. His neighbours claimed that after some time, they saw the inebriated man attempting to rape the goat and thrashed him. Police had to rescue him from the mob," he said.
The man has been admitted to Kalna sub-divisional hospital, where he is being treated under security cover, the officer added.
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- Alia Bhatt Shows Off Pet Photography Skills with Pics of Her Cat and Ranbir Kapoor's Dogs
- After Ramayan and Mahabharat, 5 Iconic DD National Shows that Deserve Re-run
- Keep Calm and Watch Ramayan: Memes and Nostalgia Breaking the Internet After Episode 1
- That 5G iPhone You Were Looking Forward To May Not Come Any Time Soon
- Supreme Court Allows Sale of 10 Per Cent Unsold BS-IV Stock for 10 Days Post Lockdown