Man Booked for Killing Pet Dog over Property Dispute with Sister in Hyderabad
According to police, Naga Raj and Rama Devi, who were staying in the same house, were engaged in heated arguments for the past one week over a property dispute.
Hyderabad: A man has been booked for allegedly killing his pet dog by stamping on it out of rage following a property dispute with his sister, police said here on Saturday.
The incident occurred on Friday. According to police, Naga Raj and Rama Devi, who were staying in the same house, were engaged in heated arguments for the past one week over the matter.
"My brothers wife was holding the dog by its neck and my brother stamped the animal...My brother threatens to kill me and my mother also," Rama Devi said in her complaint.
She alleged that her brother was also trying to get rid of another pet dog.
The carcass has been sent for autopsy and case filed against Naga Raj under Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act, police said.
A police official said as of now only Naga Raj has been booked and police are verifying if his wife took part in the dog's killing.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Tik-Tok Prepares to Take On Instagram And Facebook With Shopping Links in Posts
- Christian Bale Opens-up on Why There Wasn't a 4th Dark Knight Film by Christopher Nolan
- Jacqueline Fernandez Shares Concern over Delhi Pollution: Hope we Resolve This Crisis
- Dad Details How The Noise App on Apple Watch Helped His Son With Autism
- From Jadon Sancho to Erling Haaland, 8 Players Manchester United Want to Sign