Man Breaches President Ram Nath Kovind's Security in Jodhpur, 6 Cops Suspended
The accused, who is reportedly mentally unstable, scaled the Circuit House wall and entered the premises in the morning when Kovind was having breakfast with Rajasthan CM Ashok Gehlot and Governor Kalraj Mishra.
File photo of President Ram Nath Kovind.
Jodhpur: A serious lapse was found on the part of the President Ram Nath Kovind's security here on Saturday when a person entered the Circuit House here and tried to touch Kovind's feet.
The police immediately caught hold of the man and took him out. Taking note of the security lapse, officials have suspended six policemen.
According to police, the man was identified as Dinesh Chand, who is a resident of Ajmer and is reportedly mentally unstable.
The accused scaled the Circuit House wall and entered the premises in the morning when the President was having breakfast with Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot and Governor Kalraj Mishra.
The President was in Jodhpur to inaugurate the new building of the main bench of the Rajasthan High Court on Saturday.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Cardi B Looks Like Nemesis Nicki Minaj After Surgery, Feel Trolls
- On Data Privacy Day, Know How Facial Recognition in India is Only Going to Get Worse
- Rishi Kapoor Shares 'Priceless' Childhood Picture of Lata Mangeshkar Holding Him in Her Arms
- Shaheer Sheikh Throws Fun Gala for Yeh Rishtey Hain Pyaar Ke Cast
- Jadeja Takes a Cheeky Dig at Sanjay Manjrekar After His 'Player of the Match' Tweet