Man Detained for Making Hoax Bomb Threat Call in Jaipur Ahead of Ashok Gehlot's Swearing-in
Security was beefed-up and traffic was diverted and police teams and bomb disposal squads swarmed the area and cordoned off Hanuman Temple in Chandpole, Sanganeri Gate and the Jaipur Airport.
Image for representation. (Image: PTI)
Jaipur: A man was detained Sunday for making a hoax call to trigger bomb blasts at three locations here, leading to panic ahead of the swearing-in ceremony of Ashok Gehlot as Rajasthan chief minister, police said.
Security was beefed-up and traffic was diverted, they said, adding police teams and bomb disposal squads swarmed the area and cordoned off Hanuman Temple in Chandpole, Sanganeri Gate and the Jaipur Airport.
Yogendra Kumar was detained on the basis of his call details, SHO at the Pratap Nagar police station Hemraj Singh said. He said Kumar was being interrogated.
Kumar had made the call at the police control room this morning, informing that bombs were planted at Hanuman Temple in Chandpole, Sanganeri Gate and the Jaipur Airport.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- 'Bhindi,' Coconut, 'Hing' and Raw Turmeric: Chefs Reveal Their Most Hated Ingredients
- Deepak Punia Books Tokyo Olympics Quota After Entering Semis at World Wrestling Championships
- OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7 Get OxygenOS 10 Based on Android 10 Update
- Photos Show How Greta Thunberg's Supporters Grew from Two, to Millions In Just a Year
- Investors and Stock Holders are Celebrating Corporate Tax Cut News, With Memes