Man Dies As Four-wheeler Hits His Bike on Kolkata's Maa Flyover
Police said a four-wheeler rammed his motorcycle following which he fell down on the road beneath the flyover near AJC Bose Road crossing, which is close to Topsia police station area.
Kolkata: A man was killed late Saturday after he was knocked off the city's Maa flyover in Topsia area when his motorcycle was hit by a four-wheeler from behind, police said.
The incident happened around 10 pm when the person was driving on the flyover, while travelling from Park Circus to Police Training School area, they said.
A four-wheeler rammed his motorcycle following which he fell down on the road beneath the flyover near AJC Bose Road crossing, which is close to Topsia police station area, police said.
The biker was rushed to a nearby hospital where he was declared brought dead, a senior Kolkata Police official said.
Nobody has been arrested as the person in the offending vehicle sped away, police said.
The biker was identified, from the documents found on him, as a Kidderpore resident.
"We have initiated a probe into the accident and checking the CCTV footage to identify of the vehicle that hit the biker," he said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Shraddha Kapoor and Stylist Get Called Out for Copying This Outfit
- This Instagrammer Is Photoshopping a Godzilla Into all Of His Travel Photos
- Ajay Devgn's Tanhaji Continues Dream Run at Box Office, Earns Rs 128.97 Crore in 8 Days
- FASTags Have Actually Increased Waiting Times at Toll Plazas; Be Prepared For Delays
- Apple Acquires Xnor.ai, an Edge-based AI Startup, for $200 Million