Passenger Does Yoga Onboard Colombo-bound Flight, Offloaded for Causing 'Inconvenience'
Since there was no formal complaint against the passenger, he was not arrested but was in the process of being handed over to the Srilanka Deputy High Commission in Chennai.
Image for representational purpose. (Photo courtesy: AFP)
Chennai: A seemingly "mentally unstable" air passenger was on Wednesday offloaded from a Colombo-bound carrier, after he caused "inconvenience" to others by performing yoga and excercise onboard, police said.
The crew's repeated requests to the passenger against doing so paid no heed.
He had come from Varanasi to the city to proceed to Colombo, they said.
After the passenger created 'inconvenience' to others, he was offloaded with the help of CISF who later handed him over to the police, they said, adding, a part of his ticket cost was also refunded by the private airline.
Since there was no formal complaint against the passenger, he was not arrested but was in the process of being handed over to the Srilanka Deputy High Commission in Chennai, they added.
He had in his possession both Srilankan and US passports, police said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Rohit Sharma's One-Handed Stunner to Dismiss Mominul Haque Inspires Hilarious Memes
- Chaayos Insists They Only Use Your Facial Data To Let You Buy a Cup of Chai Quickly
- India's Young Shooters Shine With Gold and Silver Medal Shows on ISSF World Cup Finals Day 2
- Shah Rukh Khan's Congratulatory Tweet on Acid Attack Survivor's Wedding Wins the Internet
- Microsoft Delays Surface Earbuds to Next Year, as Things Aren’t Quite Right