Man Gets 22-year-old Daughter Drugged, Thrown into Canal in UP
The body of the 22-year-old woman, who was drugged and thrown into a canal in Parai village, is yet to be recovered.
Muzaffarnagar: In an apparent case of killing, a 22-year-old woman was drugged and thrown into a canal here by her father and his accomplices in a village here, police said on Thursday.
The incident took place in Parai village on Wednesday, they said.
The victim's father, Virpal, and another person were arrested in this connection based on a complaint by 23-year-old man Arjun, who was in a relationship with the woman, Chapar police station in-charge H Singh said.
During interrogation, Virpal admitted that he gave his daughter an intoxicant and had her thrown her into the canal for "tarnishing the family's name", Singh said. The body of the woman is yet to be recovered, he added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Nick Dancing His Heart Out with Priyanka on Ayushmann's Radhe Radhe Goes Viral
- Watch: Burglar Kisses Elderly Woman to Calm Her During Robbery in Pharmacy
- Telugu Actor Manchu Manoj Confirms Divorce with Wife Pranathi Reddy
- Disha Patani and Tiger Shroff Add Star Power to ISL Opening Ceremony
- Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg is Defending Free Speech; Yes, You Read That Right