Man Goes Looking for Missing Cattle in Dense Forest in Maharashtra, Gets Killed by Tiger
Santosh Vittal Gurnule, resident of Kavadpeth village, noticed some of his cattle missing and ventured into a dense forest patch late Friday evening looking for them and was killed by a tiger, an official said.
Chandrapur: A 60-year-old man was killed in a tiger attack in Chichpalli forest range in Maharashtra's Chandrapur district, an official said on Saturday.
Santosh Vittal Gurnule, resident of Kavadpeth village, noticed some of his cattle missing and ventured into a dense forest patch late Friday evening looking for them and was killed by a tiger, said Chandrapur divisional forest officer AL Sonkusre.
"We noticed tiger pug marks near the spot where Gurnule was killed. Immediate cash relief of Rs 30,000 was given to his kin," he informed.
Last Sunday, a cattle grazer identified as Tuslidas Pakewar (55) was killed by a tiger in Shivni forest range, some 80 kilometres from here.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Water Baby Kim Sharma Sets the Temperature Soaring on Instagram, See Here
- Here's How Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas Decided to 'Chill' After a Concert Night
- War Box Office: Hrithik Roshan, Tiger Shroff Join Rs 300 Crore Club as Film Hits Triple Century
- ISL 2019-20: Controversy Heats Up Over Kerala Blasters vs ATK After Kerala Coach, Soosairaj Get Involved
- Flipkart Big Diwali Sale: Get Samsung’s The Frame QLED Smart TV at Rs 72,000