Man Held for Sodomising His Nepali Roommate in Delhi's Mukherjee Nagar
The victim lodged a complaint alleging that a colleague came to his room around 1 am in an inebriated state and harassed him.
Image for representation.
New Delhi: A 25-year-old Nepali citizen was allegedly sodomised by his roommate in Mukherjee Nagar area, police said on Thursday.
The incident took place on the intervening night of Tuesday and Wednesday, they said.
The victim, working as a cook at a PG in Indira Vikas Colony, lodged a complaint on Wednesday alleging that a colleague came to his room around 1 AM in an inebriated state and harassed him,
Deputy Commissioner of Police (Northwest) Vijayanta Arya said.
Following the complaint, a case of unnatural offences under section 377 of the IPC was registered.
During the investigation, the complainant was medically examined and the accused was arrested. He has been sent to judicial custody, police added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Aamir Khan's Daughter Ira Khan Shares Saturday Night Expectation vs Reality Post
- Watch: Zoo Shares First Glimpse of Kiki, a Baby Red Panda
- Delhi Cab Drivers Carry Condoms in First-Aid Box and it's Not Just for Safe Sex
- Deepak Punia Books Tokyo Olympics Quota After Entering Semis at World Wrestling Championships
- OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7 Get OxygenOS 10 Based on Android 10 Update