Man Held, Four Juveniles Apprehended in Chawri Bazar Temple Vandalising Case
On the night of June 30, a mob vandalised the temple in Hauz Qazi area after a quarrel between two people over parking a scooter took a communal turn.
New Delhi: The Delhi Police on Saturday arrested a man and apprehended four juveniles in connection with the vandalising of a temple in Chawri Bazar, which had led to communal tension in the area, officials said.
With this, total seven men have been arrested and eight juveniles apprehended. More arrests are likely as search is underway for other suspects, police said.
On the night of June 30, a mob vandalised the temple in Hauz Qazi area after a quarrel between two people over parking a scooter took a communal turn. However, the market has been opened from Thursday and tension reduced, police said.
On Wednesday, Home Minister Amit Shah was briefed by the Delhi Police chief about the issue. Delhi Police Commissioner Amulya Patnaik Friday visited Chawri Bazar area to review security arrangements.
Presence of police has been reduced in the area after normalcy returned in central Delhi, police said, adding that further investigation in the case is on
Recommended For You
- Nach Baliye 9 Contestant Vishal Aditya Singh Says He is Not Friends with Madhurima Tuli
- Alexa on Windows 10 Will Soon Activate on Lock Screen with Microsoft's 19H2 Update
- Mumbai Police Flaunts 'Khaki Swag' after #SareeTwitter Trends on Social Media
- Amala Paul Reacts to Ex-Husband AL Vijay’s Marriage with R Aishwarya
- Watch: Sleeping Man Doesn't Even Wake Up as a Snake is Rescued from His Kurta