Man Held, Four Juveniles Apprehended in Chawri Bazar Temple Vandalising Case
On the night of June 30, a mob vandalised the temple in Hauz Qazi area after a quarrel between two people over parking a scooter took a communal turn.
New Delhi: The Delhi Police on Saturday arrested a man and apprehended four juveniles in connection with the vandalising of a temple in Chawri Bazar, which had led to communal tension in the area, officials said.
With this, total seven men have been arrested and eight juveniles apprehended. More arrests are likely as search is underway for other suspects, police said.
On the night of June 30, a mob vandalised the temple in Hauz Qazi area after a quarrel between two people over parking a scooter took a communal turn. However, the market has been opened from Thursday and tension reduced, police said.
On Wednesday, Home Minister Amit Shah was briefed by the Delhi Police chief about the issue. Delhi Police Commissioner Amulya Patnaik Friday visited Chawri Bazar area to review security arrangements.
Presence of police has been reduced in the area after normalcy returned in central Delhi, police said, adding that further investigation in the case is on
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Dabangg 3: Salman Khan Introduces Saiee Manjrekar with A Quirky Caption
- PUBG Mobile: Erangel 2.0 Arriving in December, Glass Windows and New Items Leaked
- 'Total Entertainment': Ravi Shastri's 'Iconic Line' on Team's Philosophy Takes Twitter by Storm
- Here's All About Indian Army Sourced Nissan Jonga SUV Bought by MS Dhoni
- NBA 2K20 Gameplay Will Unlock Limited Edition Nike Sneakers That You Can Buy