Audi Mows Down Man Crossing Road to Feed Homeless in Delhi
The incident occurred around 11pm when Manoj Yadav, who used to work in a juice shop, was crossing the road.
New Delhi: A speeding Audi has fatally knocked down a man trying to cross the road to give food to people sleeping on the pavement in central Delhi's ITO area.
Police said the impact was such that the 25-year-old man, identified as Manoj Yadav, was thrown up in the air and landed on an iron grille of a divider which impaled him. The incident happened late on Saturday night and the driver did not stop after the accident.
Yadav, who worked in a juice shop, lived near Mata Sundri College with his pregnant wife and a three-year-old daughter.
A case has been filed under IPC sections 279 (rash driving) and 304a (death due to negligence). The police are looking into CCTV footage from the area to identify the Audi driver.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Will You Have to Link Your Aadhaar With Facebook, WhatsApp And Twitter Accounts?
- Kapil Sharma Asks Fan to 'Fact Check' After Being Called Out for Disrespecting Women
- Ashes 2019: Steve Waugh Wowed by Deceptive Archer's 'X-factor'
- Dwayne The Rock Johnson Ties the Knot With Laura Hashian in Secret Hawaiian Wedding, See Pics
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10, Note 10+ Prices Start Rs 69,990: All The Launch Offers