Man in Sadhu's Robe Found Dead with Eyes Gouged Out in Uttar Pradesh
The police said the man was living in a Durga temple in the village along with other sadhus for the past few months and was found dead on Sunday in the fields with his hands and legs tied together.
Banda (UP): The body of a 40-year-old man wearing a sadhu's robe was found with his eyes gouged out in an agricultural field in Budhauli village of Uttar Pradesh's Banda district, police said on Monday.
Circle Officer Kuldeep Singh said a post-mortem has established that Krishna Kumar alias Lala was strangled to death.
He added that the man had a criminal history with five cases registered against him.
Baberu Kotwali station house officer Shashi Kumar Pandey said the man was living in a Durga temple in the village along with other sadhus for the past few months and was found dead on Sunday in the fields with his hands and legs tied together.
The body bore deep wound marks and the assailants appear to have gouged out his eyes, the SHO said, adding that three other people living in the temple have been taken into custody for questioning.
Further investigation is underway, police said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Aamir Khan Looks Like a Hobo in Leaked Pics from Laal Singh Chaddha Sets
- Watch | Son Heung-min Scores Solo Stunner as Tottenham Hotspur Crush Burnley 5-0
- Thief Calls Houseowner 'Kanjoos' in a Note after He Returns Empty-Handed
- Apple iPhone in 2021 Might Launch Without Any Ports: Analysts
- Counterfeit Xiaomi Products Worth Rs 13 Lakhs Seized From Delhi's Gaffar Market