Man Injured After Reactor in Thane Chemical Unit Explodes
'One of the five reactors in the chemical unit exploded in the afternoon. Sachin Deshmukh (40), a supervisor there, was injured. Fire brigade personnel put out the ensuing fire soon after,' a district disaster control official said.
Image For Representation.
Thane: The supervisor of a chemical unit in Maharashtra's Thane district was injured on Monday after a reactor exploded, a district disaster control official said. The unit is situated in the MIDC industrial area in Dombivali.
"One of the five reactors in the chemical unit exploded in the afternoon. Sachin Deshmukh (40), a supervisor there, was injured. Fire brigade personnel put out the ensuing fire soon after. Deshmukh is admitted in a nearby hospital," he added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Investors and Stock Holders are Celebrating Corporate Tax Cut News, With Memes
- Hours After Decomposed Body Found at Nagarjuna's Telangana Farmhouse, Police Hint at Case of Suicide
- Taylor Swift Weighs in on Game of Thrones Finale and Daenerys Targaryen's Fate
- I Went to the Future, in a Hotel Where My Butler to Bartender - Were Robots
- Huge Hairball Surgically Removed from Teenager’s Stomach By Ludhiana Doctors