Man Killed as Crude Bombs Hurled in Birbhum District
Preliminary investigations indicate that the incident was the fallout of a rivalry between owner of a vehicle and its driver.
Bolpur: A man was killed after crude bombs were hurled in West Bengal's Birbhum district, police said on Thursday.
The incident took place at 9.30 pm on Wednesday when the deceased, Tapan Das, was passing through Daspara-Sahapur road under Kankartala police station limits, a police officer said.
Preliminary investigations indicate that the incident was the fallout of a rivalry between owner of a vehicle and its driver, he said.
The driver was allegedly assaulted by the owner due to some personal enmity, following which the owner was assaulted by some villagers.
At night, the owner stormed the area with a few men and hurled the crude bombs to frighten the locals, the police officer said.
Senior police officers went to the spot following the incident and said that investigations are underway.
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- This Pic of Reel Life Ram Arun Govil Watching Ramayan With His Family Goes Viral
- This Coronavirus Version of Do Re Mi from 'Sound of Music' is Making 90s Kids Nostalgic
- Hina Khan Cries as She Scrubs Doormats, Watch Video
- Flying Tissues! UK Man Uses Drone to Send Toilet Paper to Sister
- Reliance Jio ‘Recharge at ATM’ Service Announced: Here’s How to Use it