Man Kills Himself by Jumping on Burning Pyre at Crematorium
The dead man's relatives and friends had left when Kotangde jumped into the fire, but some children playing nearby saw him and raised an alarm.
Image for representation only. (Getty images)
Nagpur: A 34-year-old man ended his life by jumping onto a burning pyre at a crematorium here, police said on Sunday.
Mahesh Kotangde jumped onto the pyre of a dead man who had been cremated at Jaitala crematorium Saturday evening. He lived near the crematorium, said inspector RS Kshirsagar of MIDC police station.
The dead man's relatives and friends had left when Kotangde jumped into the fire, but some children playing nearby saw him and raised an alarm, the officer said.
The reason for Kotangde's extreme step was yet to be ascertained. But a probe revealed that he was suffering from a mental ailment for the last three years and was also a heavy drinker, Kshirsagar said.
Recommended For You
- Game of Thrones Star Sophie Turner to Play Boy George in His Biopic?
- Elon Musk Tweets That He 'Deleted Twitter Account', is Now 'Daddy DotCom'
- This Couple’s Combined India-Pakistan Jersey at World Cup is Why We Love Cricket
- Sudan-Bound Turkish Airlines Flight Returned to Istanbul After a Passenger Creates Ruckus Midair
- Modified Bajaj Avenger Looks Like a 1247cc Harley Davidson V-Rod - Watch Video
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s