Man on Bangkok-Delhi Flight Suspected of Coronavirus Infection, Quarantined After Landing: SpiceJet
The passenger was quarantined by the Airport Health Organisation after the plane landed at Delhi airport, SpiceJet said.
Image for representation.
New Delhi: A passenger on board a SpiceJet Bangkok-Delhi flight was quarantined on Thursday after he was suspected of having contracted the novel coronavirus, the airline said in a statement.
The passenger was quarantined by the Airport Health Organisation after the plane landed at Delhi airport, it said.
"On February 13, 2020, a passenger travelling on SpiceJet flight SG-88 operating between Bangkok and Delhi was suspected of Coronavirus infection," the SpiceJet spokesperson said.
"He was seated on seat no. 31F and was the only passenger in that row. The said passenger was quarantined by Airport Health Organisation (APHO) after landing in Delhi," he added.
More than 1,300 people have died in China till date due to the virus.
In India, three cases have been confirmed so far.
Two Indian crew on board the cruise ship off the Japanese coast have tested positive for the novel coronavirus, the Indian Embassy in Japan had said on Wednesday.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Kangana Ranaut Seeks Blessings at Rameshwaram Temple in Tamil Nadu, See Pics
- Salaam, a Video Game Based on a Refugee's Life, Wants You to See Their Harsh Realities
- The One Where They Reunite: The 'FRIENDS' Reunion is Happening, and Fans Cannot Keep Calm
- Coronavirus Impact: Samsung Factory in Korea Shut Down After Employee Tests Positive
- MGM Hotels Sued Over Data Breach that Affected Millions of Celebs, CEOs