Man Sentenced to 10 Years in Jail for Raping Teenage Daughter in UP's Muzaffarnagar
The court also imposed a fine of Rs 32,000 on the accused after he was found guilty under Section 376 of the Indian Penal Code and relevant sections of the POCSO Act.
Muzaffarnagar: A man has been sentenced to 10 years in prison by a special court in Muzaffarnagar for raping his 14-year-old daughter.
Judge Sanjiv Kumar Tiwari also imposed a fine of Rs 32,000 on the accused after finding him guilty under section 376 of the Indian Penal Code and relevant sections of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act. It directed that the fine paid to his daughter.
According to lawyer Dinesh Kumar Sharma, the girl's mother had filed a complaint alleging that the accused raped her daughter when she had gone to her parents' home on July 7, 2016.
The woman had also alleged that her in-laws supported the accused and did not take any step to prevent him from committing the crime, Sharma said, adding that the court had acquitted them for lack of evidence.
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- Kareena Kapoor Shares Taimur's Drawing During Quarantine, Calls Him in-House Picasso
- Alia Bhatt Shows Off Pet Photography Skills with Pics of Her Cat and Ranbir Kapoor's Dogs
- Harassed and Beaten, Animal Lovers Desperately Try to Ensure Pets and Strays Survive the Lockdown
- Kane Williamson's Adorable Doggo Pulling off a Stunner in the Slips Will Make Your Day
- That 5G iPhone You Were Looking Forward To May Not Come Any Time Soon