Man Sentenced to 7 Years Rigorous Imprisonment for Snatching Cop's Gold Chain in Odisha
On August 13, 2016, a motorcycle-borne man, Kar, had snatched the gold chain of the police officer near a traffic signal, when she was travelling with another woman constable on a moped in the city.
Representative Image. (Reuters)
Cuttack: A court here sentenced a man to seven years rigorous imprisonment for snatching a gold chain of a woman police officer three years ago.
Chief Judicial Magistrate-cum-Assistant Sessions Judge Haraprasad Patnaik pronounced the jail term on Friday, after finding 23-year-old Siddheswar Kar guilty of committing the crime.
On August 13, 2016, a motorcycle-borne man, Kar, had snatched the gold chain of the police officer near a traffic signal, when she was travelling with another woman constable on a moped in the city, according to the prosecution.
However, Kar was caught by bystanders while he was trying to flee.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Anushka Sharma Recalls Dancing to Preity Zinta's Song Bumbro from Mission Kashmir in School
- OnePlus TV Will be Launched in India in September; Expected to Run Android TV
- Will You Have to Link Your Aadhaar With Facebook, WhatsApp And Twitter Accounts?
- Spider-Man is Leaving MCU, Pakistan Asks UNICEF to Remove Priyanka Chopra as Goodwill Ambassador
- Woman Sets Fire to Creepy 'It' Clown Doll which Floated into Her Backyard