Man Allegedly Shot Dead after Argument Over Cricket Match in MP's Bhind District, 5 Booked
An offence was registered against the five accused, said the police, adding that a manhunt has been launched to trace and nab them.
Bhind: A 30-year-old man was allegedly shot dead on Thursday as a result of an argument over a cricket match at Kot village in Bhind district of Madhya Pradesh, police said.
Police have booked five men in this connection. The accused are identified as Anand (40), Ramhet (60), Raghvendra (28), Abhishek (17) and Avinesh (23), a police official said.
"Anand shot dead Brijendra with his licensed rifle, when the latter visited him to iron out the differences over playing a cricket match in Nayagaon area, around 30 km from the district headquarters," superintendent of police Rudolf Alvares said.
On Wednesday, Brijendra and his friends had visited Anand's house to resolve the differences, he added.
However, the two groups again had a heated exchange of words on Thursday, following which Anand shot Brijendra dead in the presence of his friends. The accused then fled from the spot and are still absconding, the officer said.
Following a complaint lodged by the family of the victim, an offence was registered against the five accused, the official said, adding that a manhunt has been launched to trace and nab them.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Akshay Kumar Trolled for Seven-year-old Comments, Sonakshi Sinha Defends Him
- Indian Tourist from Maharashtra Detained in Bhutan for 'Desecrating' Holy Buddhist Chorten
- Guidelines For Influencers Are Incoming; a Few Folks And Brands Must be Very Worried
- Disha Patani and Tiger Shroff Add Star Power to ISL Opening Ceremony
- TRAI to Decide on Jio, Airtel And Vodafone Battle For How Long Your Phone Should Ring