Man Steals Road Accident Victim's Scooter in Delhi, Arrested
The accused told police he was near a hospital in Jahangirpuri on October 18, identifying his target to commit theft, when he saw a road accident victim being taken by a PCR van to a hospital.
New Delhi: A man who had quietly slipped out of the accident site in northwest Delhi with the victim's scooter was arrested from Rohini, police said on Wednesday.
Anwar Khan, 30, told police he was near Babu Jagjivan Ram Memorial Hospital in Jahangirpuri on October 18, identifying his target to commit theft, when he saw a road accident victim being taken by a PCR van to a hospital.
But the victim's scooter was left behind unattended. On the pretext of removing it to the side, Khan decamped with the vehicle, Deputy Commissioner of Police (Rohini) SD Mishra said.
Police had received information he would visit Rohini Sector-6 to sell the scooter on Monday. A trap was laid and he was arrested. The vehicle has been recovered, police said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Chaayos Insists They Only Use Your Facial Data To Let You Buy a Cup of Chai Quickly
- PUBG Mobile 0.16.0 Beta Update: Death Race Mode, TPP to FPP Switch, and More
- Tesla Launches Electric ‘Cybertruck' Inspired From Blade Runner Movie, Priced at $39,900
- Get a FASTag For Your Car, Unless You Want to Pay More at Toll Plazas From December 1
- Chaayos Wants to Sneakily Capture Your Facial Data With Your Next Cup of Chai