Alert Delhi Metro Driver Brakes in Time to Save Man Trying to Jump Tracks
Patel was fined by the metro authorities since walking on metro tracks without permission is illegal and comes with either a jail term of up to six months or a fine of Rs 500 or both.
A man seen jumping tracks at Shastri Nagar metro station in Delhi.
The entire incident was caught on the CCTV. In the video, 21-year-old Mayur Patel can be seen hopping from one platform to the other just as the train started moving. Luckily for him, the driver was watchful enough to stop the train and thus saved the man's life.
#CCTV Delhi: Narrow escape for 21 year old Mayur Patel as train moved while he was crossing the track at Shastri Nagar metro station. He was later fined by authorities. During questioning he claimed that he did not know how to get to the other platform so he crossed the track pic.twitter.com/YbXcXPzYyA— ANI (@ANI) May 23, 2018
On being questioned by Delhi police, Patel said that he didn’t know how to get to the other platform hence decided to cross the tracks. Patel was fined by the metro authorities since walking on metro tracks without permission is illegal and comes with either a jail term of up to six months or a fine of Rs 500 or both.
There have been multiple incidents of suicides on the tracks of Delhi Metro in the past years. As a precautionary measure, Delhi Metro has up put closed-door installations on platforms to ensure passenger safety.
Recommended For You
- Opinion - Why 2019 Suzuki Jimny Makes a Perfect Case for the Indian Market?
- Ishaan Khatter Shields Dhadak Co-star Janhvi Kapoor as a Fan Tries to Get Too Close for a Selfie; See Pics
- Anil Kumble Believes India Can Spin and Win it in England
- BJP-PDP Split: Jammu And Kashmir's History of Unstable Coalition Governments
- Kapil Sharma Looks Unrecognizable in His Latest Public Appearance, Photos Go Viral