Alert Delhi Metro Driver Brakes in Time to Save Man Trying to Jump Tracks
Patel was fined by the metro authorities since walking on metro tracks without permission is illegal and comes with either a jail term of up to six months or a fine of Rs 500 or both.
A man seen jumping tracks at Shastri Nagar metro station in Delhi.
The entire incident was caught on the CCTV. In the video, 21-year-old Mayur Patel can be seen hopping from one platform to the other just as the train started moving. Luckily for him, the driver was watchful enough to stop the train and thus saved the man's life.
#CCTV Delhi: Narrow escape for 21 year old Mayur Patel as train moved while he was crossing the track at Shastri Nagar metro station. He was later fined by authorities. During questioning he claimed that he did not know how to get to the other platform so he crossed the track pic.twitter.com/YbXcXPzYyA— ANI (@ANI) May 23, 2018
On being questioned by Delhi police, Patel said that he didn’t know how to get to the other platform hence decided to cross the tracks. Patel was fined by the metro authorities since walking on metro tracks without permission is illegal and comes with either a jail term of up to six months or a fine of Rs 500 or both.
There have been multiple incidents of suicides on the tracks of Delhi Metro in the past years. As a precautionary measure, Delhi Metro has up put closed-door installations on platforms to ensure passenger safety.
Recommended For You
- After Sona Mohapatra & Shweta Pandit, 2 More Women Share #MeToo Stories Against Anu Malik
- Shooter Saurabh Chaudhary Donates Youth Olympics Gold-clinching Pistol to IOC Museum
- Kidambi Srikanth Sees Off Sameer Verma Challenge, Will Face Momota in Denmark Open Semi-final
- Dope Violation: NADA Bans Hockey Goalie Chikte for Two Years, 4-year Suspension for Six Others
- Pakistani Poet's Daughter has to Drive Taxi to Make Ends Meet