Man Trying to Smuggle Beedis to Sri Lanka Arrested
The accused Sultan Mohideen, hailing from Tirunelveli, was taking the tobacco products in a mini-van when he was caught.
Rameswaram: A 52-year-old man, who tried to allegedly smuggle 500 kg of beedis worth Rs 10 lakh to Sri Lanka, has been arrested near here, police said on Monday.
The accused Sultan Mohideen, hailing from Tirunelveli, was taking the tobacco products in a mini-van when he was caught, the police said adding that the vehicle has been seized.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Joe Jonas Celebrates James Bond Themed Birthday with Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas and Sophie
- Captain America's Peggy Carter Says Her Story with Steve Rogers Had Fitting End in Avengers Endgame
- 'Superman': Tiger Shroff Deadlifts 200KG With an Ease, Impresses Ishaan Khatter and Fans
- Those Who Said I Didn’t Deserve to Be in Films Have Retired but I’m Still Here, Says John Abraham
- Microsoft Surface Pro 6 and Surface Book 2 Firmware Update Causing CPU Issues