Man with Fake Facebook Profile Lures Ghaziabad Woman With Job Offer, Rapes Her in Gurugram
The police are scanning the accused's social media account to know his actual identity. The victim just knew the Facebook name of the accused.
Illustration by Mir Suhail/News18.com
Gurugram: A 46-year-old woman was allegedly raped by a youth on the pretext of helping her in getting a job in a multi-national company here, the police said on Saturday.
According to Shamsher Singh, Assistant Commissioner of Police (crime), the woman, a resident of Ghaziabad, met Amit Kumar through Facebook. Kumar offered her a lucrative job in a Gurugram-based multi-national firm and asked her to come here on Friday.
"Kumar met the victim near Gurugram bus stand and took her to a nearby hotel, located under the Sector 14 police station, and raped her," said Singh.
The accused also threatened her of dire consequences if she revealed it to anyone. Though earlier she was terrified, but later filed a complaint with the police, Singh said.
"The victim just knows the Facebook name of the accused. Based on her information, we are scanning Kumar's social media account and the CCTV footage of the hotel to know his actual identity," he said.
The medical examination confirmed the sexual assault, he said.
Recommended For You
- ICC World Cup 2019 | Yuvraj Singh Expects Either India or England to Lift World Cup
- Net Bowler Hit on Head By Warner Shot Receives Signed Australian Jersey
- Malaika Arora Strikes a Never-seen-before Pilates Pose, Fans Ask How it is Done
- Last Hurrah: Mahindra Thar Signature Edition to Commemorate its First Generation
- Stranger Things Actor Gaten Matarazzo to Host Netflix Show Prank Encounters
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s