Manmohan Singh, Rahul Gandhi Meet Sri Lanka PM Mahinda Rajapaksa
Rahul Gandhi and Manmohan Singh were accompanied by senior Congress leader Anand Sharma during the meeting with Rajapaksa, who arrived here this evening on a five-day visit.
File photo of Mahinda Rajapaksa. (Image: Reuters)
New Delhi: Former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress leader Rahul Gandhi on Friday met Sri Lankan Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa and discussed a host of issues.
Rajapaksa was the Sri Lankan president from 2005-2015, while Singh was the prime minister from 2004-14.
Gandhi and Singh were accompanied by senior Congress leader Anand Sharma during the meeting with Rajapaksa, who arrived here this evening on a five-day visit.
After his official engagement in Delhi, Rajapaksa will travel to Varanasi, Sarnath, Bodh Gaya and Tirupati.
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- Vijay Owns the Floor with Killer Dance Moves at 'Master' Promotions, Watch Video
- Kaka Chooses Lionel Messi Over Cristiano Ronaldo, Calls Argentine 'Genius, Pure Talent'
- Deepika Padukone Turns Masterchef For Hubby Ranveer Singh, Cooks Thai Curry
- Super Pink Moon Will Take Your Breath Away on April 8, But What is a Supermoon?
- OnePlus 8 Pro, OnePlus 8 Price in India: This is How Much the New Phones May Cost You