Maoists Kill Elderly Man, Set Fire to 10 Vehicle in Bihar's Aurangabad
The police said Maoists fired several rounds and set 10 vehicles on fire, including three tractors parked at the victim's house.
Image for representation only.
Aurangabad: One person was killed and 10 vehicles were torched by Maoists in Bihar's Aurangabad district, a senior police officer said Sunday.
Superintendent of Police, Satya Prakash said the Maoists attacked Sudi Bigaha village under the jurisdiction of Deo police station area late on Saturday night and shot dead a man identified as Narendra Singh (55).
Singh is the uncle of Rajan Kumar Singh, who is a member of Bihar Legislative Council, he said.
According to SP, the Maoists fired several rounds and set 10 vehicles on fire, including three tractors parked at Narendra Singh's house.
The Maoists also set a house belonging to one Dhananjay Singh, a dafadar with Deo police station, on fire located near Sudi Bigaha village, SP said.
After getting information about Maoist attack, security forces reached the village and exchanged fire with the Naxals, who fled from the village, Prakash said.
Senior police officers and CRPF Commandant Saurav Choudhary are camping in the village. The SP said police have launched a massive search operation after cordoning off the area.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- ‘Why Traffic Jams?’: Twitter Comes to a Halt after BJP MP Dismisses Automobile Slowdown
- Uber Apologises for Viral Photo of Separate Bathrooms for Employees and Drivers in US Office
- 'Black Friday': Italian Newspaper Sparks Race Row With Front Page Headline on Lukaku, Smalling Clash
- Panipat Vs Pati Patni Aur Woh Box Office Battle: Who'll be the Winner? Trade Analysts Weigh In
- Is Your Apple iPhone 11 Pro Logging Location Data When You Tell it Not to? Actually, No