Maoists Thrash Jharkhand Trader & Son, Set Vehicles on Fire
A group of Maoists went to the house of a trader and set on fire two tractors, a truck and a motorbike parked in his residential compound.
File image of Naxals
Latehar: Armed Maoists thrashed a trader and his son and set on fire vehicles parked in his house in Lathehar district, police said here on Thursday.
A group of Maoists went to the house of trader Ashok Sau at Mayapur village on Wednesday night and thrashed him and his son. They also set on fire two tractors, a truck and a motorbike parked in his residential compound, Sub-Divisional Police Officer of Mahuadand, Rati Bhan Singh said.
The Maoists also looted Rs 70,000 from Sau, the SDPO said, adding investigation was going on.
Deputy Inspector General of Police (Palamau Range) Vipul Shukla said that both the father and son are being treated at a local hospital.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Paul Pogba, Twitter And Racism: An Uneasy Relation Between Footballers And Fans
- Woman Whose Rendition of Lata Mangeshkar Classic Went Viral Records Song
- First Details of The OnePlus TV Confirmed: It Will Have a 55-Inch QLED Panel
- Jio Effect: Tata Sky Broadband Offers 6 Months Additional Usage on Annual Plans
- Android 10 Confirmed to Arrive on All Nokia Smartphones