Maratha Kranti Morcha Likely to Draw Lakhs, Disrupt Mumbai Traffic on Wednesday
The Maratha Kranti Morcha will start from Jijamata Udyaan at 11am and culminate at Azad Maidan near the Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus at 5pm.
Maratha Kranti Morcha activists pay tribute to Kopardi victim in a candle march (Getty Images)
Mumbai: After 57 silent rallies across Maharashtra, the Maratha community will come together on Wednesday, to conduct a massive silent rally in Mumbai that is expected to draw lakhs of participants.
The Maratha kranti morcha, that is sure to disrupt traffic movement in the city, will have a host of demands including reservations for the Maratha community. The rally will start from Jijamata Udyaan at 11am and culminate at Azad Maidan near the Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus at 5pm.
In order to ensure a smooth traffic flow for the commuters, police will divert some of the routes apart from closing down some other roads.
The protesting Maratha leaders have rejected the idea of negotiations with the government. With this final rally, the community is demanding justice for the 15-year-old Kopardi rape victim and amendment in Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe (Prevention of Atrocities) Act, 1989, apart from other things.
Recommended For You
- Sunny Deol Didn't Speak to Shah Rukh Khan for 16 Years After He Played a Glorified Villain in Darr
- Bala Devi, 1 of 7 Manipuri Players on Boycott, Receives Call-up to Indian Women's Football Team Camp
- Nach Baliye 9: Urvashi Dholakia Confirms Participating With Ex-boyfriend Anuj Sachdeva
- This Couple’s Combined India-Pakistan Jersey at World Cup is Why We Love Cricket
- NASA Just Found Stark Trek's 'Starfleet' Insignia On Surface of Mars
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s