Massive Blaze Breaks Out at Kolkata's Bagri Market, 30 Fire Tenders at the Spot
The building houses stocks of inflammable articles, causing the fire spread fast.
New Delhi: A massive fire broke out in Kolkata's Bagri market on Saturday night. Almost 30 fire fighters have been rushed to the congested market in central Kolkata to douse the flames.
Black smoke engulfed the entire area when the massive blaze started at around 2.30 am from the ground floor of a five storied building, sources said. The building houses stocks of inflammable articles, causing the fire spread fast.
"As the area is very congested, we are finding it difficult to work. We are using hydraulic ladder and gas cutters to cut through the grills of the gates and small windows to enter the building," a senior official said.
No casualties have been reported. The firefighters are trying to control the flames as the spread may cause damage to other buildings too.
More details awaited.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Move Over Shane Warne, This Young Cricketer Just Bagged His First 'Wicket' at Lord's
- Akshay Kumar's Mission Mangal Inches Closer to 100 Cr, John Abraham's Batla House Paces Up at BO
- Couldn't Have Dreamt the Blessings God Showered on Me: Kohli
- Anushka Sharma's Gorgeous 'Sun-kissed' Pic Gets Most Romantic Comment from Virat Kohli
- Instead of Putting Unsold Stuff in a Garbage Dump, Amazon Will Donate it Instead