Massive Fire at Building Housing Govt Offices in Lucknow's Gomti Nagar
The fire broke out in the second floor of the PICUP building and soon spread to the third floor, sources said, adding that as many as eight fire tenders were deployed to control the blaze.
Lucknow: A massive fire broke out in a building housing several government offices in the Gomti Nagar area of the state capital on Wednesday night.
The fire broke out in the second floor of the PICUP building and soon spread to the third floor, sources said, adding that as many as eight fire tenders were deployed to control the blaze. Prima facie short circuit appears to be the cause of fire, they said. There was no report of any casualty or injury.
Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has constituted a committee to probe the incident. Government sources said the additional director general of Lucknow zone, special secretary industry additional and chief fire officer of Lucknow will investigate the incident, determine the cause of the fire and also fix responsibility for it within 48 hours.
The building has many offices, including that of the Industrial Development Department and the Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission.
Recommended For You
- These Shirtless Pics of Nick Jonas Has Fans Gushing Over His 'Dad Bod'
- Narine & Pollard Get West Indies Recall for First Two T20Is Against India
- Chandrayaan 2 Launched Successfully By ISRO | India's Second Moon Mission
- FaceApp-like Technology Helps Chinese Police Reunite Man Kidnapped 18 Years Ago with Family
- Jio Effect: Vodafone Introduces Rs 205 and Rs 225 Prepaid Recharge Plans - Here Are The Details