Massive Fire Breaks Out in Central Kolkata LIC Building, 3 Injured
The blaze started on the 17th floor of the Kolkata building that has left three persons injured including one police officer.
Kolkata: A massive fire broke out in a central Kolkata commercial building on Thursday morning, when the LIC office was shut for Diwali, sparing a big tragedy.
The blaze started on the 17th floor of the building that has left three persons injured including one police officer. Eight fire tenders are still trying to douse the blaze on the crucial Jawaharlal Nehru Road building.
The floor housed the server room of the State Bank of India's global market office.
The chief general manager (Kolkata circle) of SBI, P P Sengupta, said there was no news of anyone getting stuck on
Ten fire tenders have been pressed into service to douse the raging fire on the 17th floor of Jeevan Sudha building, a fire brigade official said.
Eyewitnesses said the fire was fast spreading to the other floors of the building.
The building, which has 19 floors, houses offices of SBI and LIC branches and other financial organizations.
(With PTI inputs)
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Shah Rukh Khan to Announce Two Films on His 54th Birthday?
- Mohena Kumari Singh is Radiant as a Royal Bride at Her Traditional Rajput Wedding, See Pics
- 'Down to Earth': Justin Bieber Fell Off a Unicycle and Internet Had a Great Laugh
- 'Respect Culture': Woman Arrested for Wearing Bikini That Was Too 'Revealing'
- Google Pixel 4, Pixel 4 XL to Launch Today: Here’s How to Watch the Live Stream