MEA Issues Travel Advisory For Iraq: Indians Can Travel to Country Barring 5 Provinces
Indian nationals are advised not to travel to the five provinces in Iraq as these remain affected by terrorism and violence, the advisory issued by the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) said.
Image for representation.
New Delhi: India has issued a revised travel advisory for Iraq, stating that due to the improvement in the security situation, Indians may now consider travelling to the country except to five provinces which are still affected by terrorism and violence.
"With improvement in security situation in Iraq, Indian nationals may now consider travelling to the country except to the five Provinces of Iraq, namely Nineveh (capital Mosul); Salahuddin (capital Tikrit); Diyala (capital Baquba); Anbar (capital Ramadi) and Kirkuk," the advisory issued by the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) said.
Indian nationals are advised not to travel to the five provinces in Iraq as these remain affected by terrorism and violence, it said.
Indians wishing to travel for employment to the safe areas other than those listed as unsafe areas, must register on e-migrate portal of the government and inform the Indian Embassy in Baghdad or the Consulate General of India in Erbil prior to travelling to Iraq, the advisory said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Your New Apple iPhone 11 Could Cost As Little as Rs 51,700 With Amazon Preorder Offers
- Do Not Worry, Your Mi TV Will Get Netflix And Amazon Prime Video Apps This Year
- Swara Bhasker Taking Off Her Heels on the IIFA Green Carpet is Basically All of Us
- Google For India: Understanding Google Pay Virtual Tokenized Cards For Secure Payments
- Your iPhone is Going to Change Today With iOS 13, And Here is What You Will Get