MEA Ready to Work Very Closely with New Sri Lankan Govt, Hopes to Fulfil Wishes of Tamil Community
Mahinda Rajapaksa on Thursday took oath as Sri Lanka's new prime minister, days after his younger brother Gotabaya Rajapaksa was elected president.
File photo of Sri Lanka PM Mahinda Rajapaksa.
New Delhi: India on Thursday said it was ready to work very closely with the new government in Sri Lanka and expressed hope that it will fulfil aspirations of the Tamil community living in the island country.
Spokesperson of the Ministry of External Affairs underlined India's willingness to work closely with the new government.
Mahinda Rajapaksa on Thursday took oath as Sri Lanka's new prime minister, days after his younger brother was elected president, cementing the powerful and controversial Rajapaksa clan's grip on political power in the country.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Pati Patni Aur Woh Movie Review: Kartik-Bhumi-Ananya Promise Plenty Laughs
- Why Do We Need a Judiciary in Place When We Have Real-life 'Singhams'?
- Counterfeit Xiaomi Products Worth Rs 13 Lakhs Seized From Delhi's Gaffar Market
- Former Mumbai Cricketer Robin Morris Arrested Over Alleged Kidnapping: Report
- I-League 2019-20: NEROCA FC Host Northeast Rivals Aizawl FC in First Home Game