Medical Student Dies after Being Hit by Cricket Ball During Practice in Odisha
The victim was batting when the cricket ball hit near one of his ears
File photo of a cricket ball. (Photo Credit: Getty Images)
Berhampur (Odisha): A medical student died on Friday after being struck near one of his ears by a cricket ball during a practice session at a college play ground in Odisha's Ganjam district, police said.
The incident took place at MKCG Medical College play ground here, when he was practising cricket with his friends in the morning, they said.
The deceased has been identified as Biswabhusan Sahu, a second year MBBS student of Sahid Laxmana Nayak (SLN) Medical College in Koraput district and visited his home at Lanjipalli area in the city after completing one year of his study, Baidyanathpur police station inspector-in-charge SP Das said.
Sahu was batting when the cricket ball hit near one of his ears, police officer said. Though he was wearing a helmet, Sahu fell unconscious after being hit by the ball and his friends immediately rushed him to the hospital where he was declared brought dead, police said.
Police registered a case of unnatural death and started investigation, Das said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- WWE TLC 2019: Date, Time, Match Card and Everything You Need to Know
- Garam Hava Actress Gita Siddharth Kak Passes Away in Mumbai
- Premier League: Chinese TV Pulls Arsenal Match after Mesut Ozil's Uighur Comments
- Not Jewellery or Recipe, this Michigan Family’s Heirloom is a 141-year-old Fruitcake
- Football in Snow: Watch Real Kashmir FC Players Practice for I-League in Srinagar