Mentally Challenged Man Tied to Tree, Thrashed on Suspicion of Being Child-lifter in MP
A group of around ten persons tied up the victim, who appeared to be between 25 to 30 years old and mentally challenged, to a tree on suspicion that he was a child-lifter, and beat him up, police said.
Satna (MP): A man was beaten up on suspicion of being a child-lifter near Satna city in Madhya Pradesh on Friday morning, police said.
While the police identified two of the accused from a video which surfaced on social media, no one has been arrested so far.
The incident took place at Tikuriya Tola by-pass outside Satna, said Kolgawa police station in-charge R P Singh.
A group of around ten persons tied up the victim, who appeared to be between 25 to 30 years old and mentally challenged, to a tree on suspicion that he was a child-lifter, and beat him up, he said.
On learning about the incident, a police team rushed to the spot and took him to a hospital, Singh said.
The victim's name was yet to be ascertained. Two of the accused were identified while the police were trying to ascertain the identity of others, Singh added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Want a 1Gbps Broadband Connection For Your Home? That Will be Rs 1,549 Onwards
- Champions League: Unlucky Borussia Dortmund Draw 0-0 With Barcelona on Messi Return
- Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max Review: More Than Anything Else, The Camera is Truly Pro
- Nikon Z6 Review: A Strong Statement that Ably Rivals the Sony a7 III
- Xiaomi Mi TV 4X 65-inch Launched Alongside Mi TV 4X 50-inch, 4X 43-inch and 4A 40-inch