Mentally Deranged Man Kills 5 Members of His Family in Jharkhand, Arrested
The accused also attacked his mother and younger brother but they managed to escape and suffered minor injuries.
Image used for representation.
Jamshedpur (Jharkhand): A mentally deranged man allegedly killed five members of his family in Saraikela-Kharswan district on Saturday, police said.
The five were axed to death in the early hours of the day, the police said.
The accused, identified as Chunu Soren, killed his brother Ravi Soren (45), sister-in-law Kalpana (39),
bother-in-law Jitan Soren and two children of the family at Pudusilli village in the district, the Sub-Divisional Police Officer (SDPO) of Chandil, D N Banka, said.
He has been arrested, the SDPO said. The accused also attacked his mother and younger brother but they managed to escape, the police officer said.
They were admitted to a primary hospital as they had suffered injuries, he said, adding, they were out of danger.
The accused's wife and children managed to escape unhurt, Banka said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Nick Jonas Signalling I Love You to Priyanka Chopra is the Gold Standard for Romance
- New Zealand Cricketers Satterthwaite & Tahuhu Announce Pregnancy
- HS Prannoy Trumps Lin Dan to Enter Round 3 of World Badminton Championships
- Xiaomi Redmi K20 Review: Is There Nothing Missing in This Brilliant Android Phone?
- Alia Bhatt-Ranbir Kapoor, Varun Dhawan-Natasha Dalal's Weddings to Have This in Common