'Mentally Unstable' Man Tries to Enter Kerala House With Knife, Flag
The man reportedly wanted to meet Kerala chief minister Pinarayi Vijayan, who was present inside the premises when the incident took place.
Security personnel initially heard the man's plea, but when he threatened to commit suicide, they pinned him to the ground.
Police said the man, identified as Vimal Raj of Kerala’s Karippuzha, appeared to be mentally unstable. He reportedly wanted to meet Kerala chief minister Pinarayi Vijayan, who was present inside the premises when the incident took place.
“I have two children. The business is down. I don't earn more than Rs. 500-600 in a day. I have written everything in my letter. I don't want to live. I don't want anything from the chief minister,” NDTV quoted the man as saying.
The security personnel initially heard Raj’s plea, but when he threatened to commit suicide and refused to listen, they pinned him to the ground.
Police said the man had been sent to the Institute of Human Behaviour and Allied Sciences' in Shahdara.
Senior Congress leader Shashi Tharoor took to Twitter to condemn the incident, calling for an end to “the politics of violence”.
Just spoke to @vijayanpinarayi to express my concern over the attempted assault on him in Delhi. The politics of violence must end in India. I call on @PMOIndia to send a strong message to all that in our democracy there is no place for knives, guns or mob-lynchers. @CMOKerala— Shashi Tharoor (@ShashiTharoor) August 4, 2018
Recommended For You
- Top 5 Android Phones Under Rs 20,000 to Play PUBG: Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro, Poco F1 And More
- When AI Algorithms go Wrong, Do we Have The Tools to Fight Back?
- The 'Avengers 4: Endgame' Trailer Just Dropped and Fans are Already Reaching for the Tissues
- YouTube Rewind 2018 is Out and Netizens are Calling it the Worst Ever
- Koffee With Karan: KJO's 2.4 Lakh Coat, Badshah-Diljit's Branded Outfit Will Make Your Wallets Cry