Man Killed after Speeding Mercedes Runs Him over on Mumbai Footpath, Driver Arrested
The driver of the car, son of a diamond merchant, was arrested after the accident which took place on Keshavrao Khade Road in Tardeo.
Image for representation. (Network18 Creative)
Mumbai: A 43-year-old man was killed while walking on a footpath when a speeding Mercedes hit him near the Mahalaxmi Racecourse in Central Mumbai, police said on Tuesday.
The driver of the car, son of a diamond merchant, was arrested after the accident that took place on Keshavrao Khade Road in Tardeo on Monday night, a police official said.
The victim was identified as Rajeshprasad Lochanrag, resident of Walkeshwar area and a carpenter by profession.
The Mercedes, which was coming from the opposite direction, first hit Rajeshprasad, who was out to buy vegetables, and then hit another car, the police official said. The driver of the other car, however, escaped unscathed.
Rajeshprasad was rushed to a hospital but declared dead before admission.
Tardeo police arrested Chaitanya Adani, 24, who was allegedly driving the Mercedes. Adani's father is a diamond merchant, the official said.
Adani was produced before a court which granted him bail. Further probe is on, the police official added.
Recommended For You
- England vs Australia: Finch Ready to Front-up to 'Ultra Hard' England Riposte
- GST Council to Consider Reducing Tax on Electric Vehicles - Anurag Thakur
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas Arrive in Paris Ahead of Joe Jonas-Sophie Turner's Wedding, See Pics
- Elon Musk Says 'Occupy Mars' But Uses Picture of the Moon Instead
- Deja Vu? Imran Khan Turning Chauffeur For Emir of Qatar Reminds People of Earlier Example
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s