Metro in Kolkata Services Partially Disrupted After Man Attempts Suicide on Tracks
The 20-year-old man attempted suicide on the tracks bound towards Dum Dum. He was rescued and has been admitted to state-run R G Kar Medical College Hosital.
Representative Image (Image: PTI)
Kolkata: Metro Railway services were partially disrupted for a brief period on Thursday morning after a man jumped on the tracks in front of an approaching train at Belgachia station, officials said.
The man in his early 20s was rescued and admitted to state-run R G Kar Medical College Hosital, the officials said.
The incident happened at around 9.24 am when a Dum Dum bound train entered the Belgachi Metro station.
Metro Railway services were disrupted for about 35 minutes and resumed at 10.01 am, they said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Want a 1Gbps Broadband Connection For Your Home? That Will be Rs 1,549 Onwards
- Images of Mars' Icy Dunes Might Make You Crave for Some Ice-Cream
- Cristiano Ronaldo Says He Deserves to Win More Ballon d’Or Awards Than Messi
- Xiaomi Mi TV 4X 65-inch Launched Alongside Mi TV 4X 50-inch, 4X 43-inch and 4A 40-inch
- Tamil Nadu's New EV Policy Seeks Full Road Tax Exemption for Electric Vehicles Until 2022