Mid-Day Meal Embezzlement Worth Rs 4.15 Crore Unearthed in Barabanki, Accused Arrested
Investigation by officials of the Basic Education Department revealed that Rs 4.15 crore had been directed to personal bank accounts instead of going into school accounts.
Investigations revealed that the money was being directed to personal accounts instead of going to schools. (Representative Image: Reuters)
Lucknow: Officials of the Basic Education Department in Uttar Pradesh’s Barabanki district have unearthed embezzlement of Rs 4.15 crore allocated under the mid-day meal scheme.
Barabanki Basic Shiksha Adhikari VP Singh, whose independent inquiry set off the investigation, said he knew something was fishy after he went through the files related to the scheme.
Further investigation revealed that Rs 4.15 crore had been directed to personal bank accounts instead of going into school accounts.
Singh later filed an FIR in which mid-day meal coordinator Rajiv Sharma and his assistants Rahimuddin, Rozi and Sadhna were named.
“The loot in the scheme was going on in the district since 2013. It was being done so carefully that it was nearly impossible for anyone to unearth the scam,” Singh told News18.com.
Police have since arrested Sharma and Rahimuddin.
Recommended For You
- Alia Bhatt Shares BTS Video of Her Moving into Her Own Home in New YouTube Vlog
- Actress Shobha, Known for Her Role in Magalu Janaki, Dies In Car Accident
- Neena Gupta, Gajraj Rao Meet in London, She Says ‘Jahan Main Jaati Hu Wahi Chale Aate Ho’
- Dhoni Should be Informed by Selectors About Their Plans: Sehwag
- YouTube Music Now Lets Your Switch Between a Song And Its Music Video With a Single Tap